Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 14 August 2018

Spotlight Stamping

Good morning all, I hope you are having a good week so far. Today's card uses a technique that I have seen before called spotlight stamping.


It uses stamps from the My Monthly Hero July 2018 kit, and some of the new Nuvo Shimmer Powder from Tonic Studios, this one is called Atlantis Burst, and it came with a recent Tonic monthly kit.


I used a piece of watercolour card, and put a few drops of the Shimmer Powder on to it, then sprayed it lightly with water, which gave me quite a saturated effect. I wanted some lighter areas too, so I put some powder on an acrylic block, then sprayed that with water and used a splatter brush to flick it over the card.


To add a little bit of different colour to the background I sprayed a couple of Shimmer Spritz colours over the top, in Pewter and Silver. These also give the background a hint of sparkle.


For the main image, I used one of the stamps from the My Monthly Hero kit, and stamped it on the card using Fiesta Teal dye ink, also from Hero Arts. Then I cut an oval piece of linen card, placed it over the top of the background and stamped it again using the same ink.


I die-cut the background panel, using an MFT Stamps Blueprints 13 Stitched Rectangle die, then added it to a teal note card. Then I added my stamped oval on top using foam tape and lining the stamped images up, so it looks like they were all stamped at the same time.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!