Shabby Blogs

Monday 6 August 2018

Colourful Butterfly

Good morning all, I hope you have had a good weekend, and have been enjoying the sunshine.


I thought I would share this bright and colourful card today, that I made using a stamp and die set from a recent copy of Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine. Issue 178.


Firstly I used a Mandala stencil from Aladine which came in the Spring Wow Embossing Members kit.


I taped the stencil onto white card and then inked through it with a small round blending tool using Fossilized Amber and Wild Honey Distress Oxide inks.


I cut the card to fit an A2 note card, leaving it slightly short on the sides so I could see the edges of the black note card beneath. 


I stamped and die cut my butterfly three times with thick white card, then I coloured the top layer using Copic markers. I stacked the three layers together to give it dimension and placed it on my card with a simple sentiment.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!