Shabby Blogs

Thursday 23 August 2018

Beautiful day

Hello and thanks for joining us today.


Continuing my theme for this week, I have another card made using a scrap piece of Hunkydory card stock.  This one has a floral theme which I thought would pair wonderfully with the Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Day stamp set.


I stamped a sentiment from the set in magenta Archival ink but I wasn't fond of the finish.  To save the piece I over stamped using black StazOn and this makes the pink look more like a shadow.  I'm still not 100% happy but I can live with the finished piece.


I took a butterfly from the Simon set and coloured it with Copic markers.  I used colours which were similar to those in the background piece.


As all I had was a strip which wasn't large enough for a card front, I added some rose glitter washi tape to the card base and popped the floral piece up on foam.
I think this helps the card look more finished.


Hope you like it.  TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!