Shabby Blogs

Monday 4 March 2019

Gold and Black Birthday

Good morning all. I hope you have had a good weekend. We have been busy as usual, but I did manage to get in a couple of hours in the craft room, so that keeps me happy lol.


Today's card is the one I made for my baby brother (39) for his birthday last Friday. I used the Hero Arts My Monthly Hero Kit for February 2019. Which is a lovely Art Deco style kit, and as soon as I spotted the car in it I had an idea for this card. 


I cut the die cover plate with gold metal effect adhesive sheet from X-Cut, added this to a piece of black card, and then masked off the open area so I could add an inked skyline into the space. 


I used a die from a magazine to cut a small skyline scene, and then inked through the die-cut using Brilliance Galaxy Gold Dew Drop ink. Then I heat embossed the car and sentiment onto black card using a fine detail gold embossing powder from Cosmic Shimmer, and added these to the card with foam tape. 


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!